|Common North American Writing Spider|
So you have a spider problem! The phobia of spiders and having spiders in a persons house is one of the greatest fears in the world. Getting spiders out of the house is therefore one of the number one priorities to many people. Its good to keep in mind that the vast majority of all the spiders in the world are harmless to humans. But most humans still want the spiders to stay outside where they belong. Their are a number of ways to get spiders and in this post we will explore those options.
1. Clean your house. Spiders like clutter and they particularly love cardboard. Don't leave anything laying around on the floors or under beds or other furniture. If you need to use storage boxes use plastic storage boxes with tightly fitting lids. Spiders like dirty clothes as the perfect hiding place so buy large plastic containers again with tight fitting lids to keep your dirty clothes in.
2. Deny the spiders water as much as possible. If you have any drips in the house get rid of the dripping faucets by installing new washers or if needed new faucets.
3. You will want to clear all the vegetation from around your house. Any where there is vegetation where a spider could hide remove it. And be sure to take caulk and seal any cracks where a spider could possibly get into your house. If you have a crawl space door that goes under your house you want to make sure that your door fits tight and if it doesn't fix it so that it does.
4. Keep your trash in cans with tight fitting lids and keep it away from your house. Spiders will lay in wait at your trash waiting for bugs that come to the trash.
5. Twice a year use a pressure washer and wash down the exterior of your house. Use soapy water and wash the exterior of the house completely. Be sure to get every nook and cranny and you will have a lot fewer spiders. Soapy water will get rid of any spiders, spider eggs, and spider nests.
6. Sprinkle baking soda in crawl spaces and behind items in your basement or storage room. Spiders can not stand baking soda. Once they ever crawl into baking soda they never will again.
7. Spiders can not stand citrus, orange oil, eucalyptus leaves, or penny-royal sprinkled on a scrap of cloth.
If you will do those things you will have a lot fewer spiders and if you keep it up in time you will be spider free.
Download Our Free PDF E Book On Brown Recluse Spiders